My travel bucketlist is huge, but it is my dream to travel the world. Now that I finally have my driver’s license since this summer, I want to save money for a longer trip and a far destination. First I wanted Australia to be my first destination for a longer trip, but I made the decision to go to Asia first. I’d like to do them both, but it’s hard to combine that if you want to see much in a few months. Asia is also a way cheaper than Australia. My problem is that I want to much. I want to explore the world, not just abroad Europe. It doesn’t always have to be far away. I want to go away with Sander in 2018 and in January I’ll visit Paris two days with my sister. We’re going to the Dior Exhibition in Musee des Arts Decoratifs. It was a little bit of a last minute idea. I’ve mentioned it to my sister a few months ago, because we’ve visited the Alexander Mcqueen exhibition in London a few years ago. But I thought it wasn’t going to happen, until my sister came with the idea recently. So why not? My goal is to go to Asia in 2019.
Back to the point where this article really is about. I want to share my travel bucketlist. The complete list is way way longer than this. So these are the highlights.
– Italy, I’ve only been in Venice, but I love Italy. Think about the Amalfi coast, Cinque Terre, Rome, Florence or Puglia in the south).
– Switzerland, because of it’s nature. This is Blausee, look at how blue and clear the water is!
– Scotland, the Scottish highlands are so beautiful.
– Norway, I want to see the fjords and the northern lights.
– Iceland, like above because of it’s nature. I think Iceland has a lot of mysterious and impressive landscapes. It’s also a great land to spot the northern lights. Here you see a photo of Landmannalaugar, so incredible.
– Croatia, because of it’s nice cities, the nature and the Game of Thrones locations. I should do a Game of Thrones location tour. Who wants to sponsor me? :”) Dubrovnik is one of the places where they filmed Game of Thrones.
– Spain, I’ve been there a few times (Barcelona and Mallorca) , but it has so many beautiful places and cities. Can you believe this is Spain? I didn’t when I found out about the Navarra desert.
– England, I’ve only visited London and Newcastle. But the South of England or the Cotswalds seem nice to me as well.
Source: travelandleisure.com- Australia!! I don’t really need to explain this one. Like many countries it’s because of it’s nature. This is Kings Canyon, in Watarrka National Park, which is located in the Northern Territory.
– Fiji, when I’m in Australia, this paradise is not so far away. So why not?
– New Zealand, also because of it’s landscapes.
Well, almost every country in East Asia I want to visit is because of it’s nature, the temples and their culture.
Source: kainyc.com- Thailand, it’s a touristic country. But I think it’s a great country to start when you’ve never been in Asia.
Source: Marina Ignatova
– Cambodia, the Angkor Temples. Look at this photo. How impressive is this?
– Singapore, seems like a great place.
Source: Marco Ophof- Vietnam, this is Halong Bay. Look at this, wow!
– Malaysia, not only the country itself but also the Malaysian part of Borneo.
Source: nevworldwonders.com- Indonesia, I want to climb the Ijen Crater on Java, but I also spot the rice fields and I want to relax on the beautiful Indonesian beaches.
– Myanmar, it’s not a very touristic country, but it seems so interesting and beautiful with all those temples.
– Laos, also a country that isn’t really touristic yet. This is Si Phan Don, also known as the 4000 Islands in the South of Laos.
– Japan, I really want to got to Tokyo and Kyoto. There’s so much contrast with the Western world. I also want to see geisha’s and visit a tea ceremony. You also have an island in Japan, called Tashirojima, where there are more cats than humans. That also sounds like a place I should visit. Crazy cat lady here!
– South Korea, Seoul seems like a great city to me.
– Sri Lanka, because of it’s nature and it’s fine beaches.
– China, also because of it’s big contrast with the Western world. It has great big cities and impressive landscapes. This is not fake, the rainbow colours are real. It’s called Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park.
– Morocco, I’d like to visit Marrakesh and Chefchaouen. In Chefchaouen everything is blue.
– Egypt, not because of the beaches there, but because of the pyramids and historical sites.
– South Africa, Cape Town seems really beautiful to me. You also have a beach near Capetown, where you can spot penguins. It’s called Boulder Beach.
Source: Christopher MichelUSA:
– California, a great place to do a roadtrip!! Think about Los Angeles, The Joshua Tree, Yosemite National Park or San Francisco.
– New York City, it’s a great city for shopping, but also a city with very beautiful sights.
– Hawaii, I don’t think this one also needs an explanation.
– Bolivia, the Uyuni salt flats are amazing!
– Mexico, I want to see the Maya ruins in real life.
– Costa Rica, because of the jungle and it’s wildlife.
– Nicaragua, it seems an interesting country to me because of it’s colonial cities and architecture. It also has some beautiful beaches and volcanic landscapes.
– Cuba, because it’s so authentic.
The Middle East isn’t very high on my bucketlist, also because of it’s safety. However, if I get the chance these are the places I’d to visit.
– Jordan, Petra the historical city seems so impressive. I also want to float in the dead sea.
– Israel, for example the Wailing Wall in Jeruzalem.
– Dubai, but just for a few days.
What’s on your bucketlist?